Apple is sponsoring the Insomnia Film Festival again this year. It’s a 24-hour filmmaking challenge. If you are interested, here are the basics:
- Begins Saturday, October 13 at 9:00 a.m. Lasts 24 hours.
- All official team members must be high school or college students.
- Film must include secret elements (to be revealed at start).
- Must be under 3 minutes long.
- Must be edited and compressed on a Mac
There are more technical details on the website, but that’s the general idea. Line up your friends, clear your schedule, and make some movies.
Winners of both the popular vote and the professional panel judging will win a MacBook Pro, Final Cut Studio 2, Logic Studio, and Shake for each member of your team (limit 5). So what are you waiting for? Check out previous winners for some ideas.